Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The little things in life can be some of the best things.

I've been dying to blog all week! The problem with waiting a long time since my last blog is that I have so much that I want to say. I'll just start with today.


The beautiful flowers from Corey!

I usually get home about 20 minutes before Corey each day. Today I came home to an empty house like usual but to my surprise there were flowers and a thank you card waiting for me on the kitchen table. Corey wrote me the sweetest note thanking me for being his wife and for all that I do for our family. It was unexpected and perfect! My husband is so thoughtful and constantly gives me encouragement. He always knows the exact words that I need to hear. I am so thankful for him! 

After he got home, we went for a run around some back roads near our apartment. It was brutal because I am out of shape but so fun! I love working out with my best friend and I love that we can have so much fun no matter what we do. We came home and he helped me cook supper AND clean up the dishes. Now we're sitting on the couch. He's reading while I blog. I know all of this may seem so ordinary but I love every minute with Corey. Marriage is just so fun! I love having our own house and just hanging out together. I love that one minute were eating dinner or doing laundry and the next minute we're in a full fledge tickle or pillow fight or chasing eachother around the house. Last week we had baked potatoes for dinner and had one leftover. I can now say that I have actually played "hot potato." :)

Another thing that happened this week may seem ordinary to some but was a big deal for me. Yesterday I donated my hair. I've had long hair for a few years now so it was weird to just see all the hair gone that quickly. I'm sure many of you reading this have donated your hair so you understand. I sit down and she puts my hair in a ponytail and in one cut it's all gone. 12 inches. I was really nervous but I'm so glad I did it. Not only am I glad that a little girl somewhere will be so happy to have hair again but it also is so much lighter. I also enjoyed going to the salon where Shelby works. It was cool to finally see the salon and meet some of her coworkers. It was also nice to have her there since I was so nervous at first.  Any of you that have been debating whether or not to donate your hair...DO IT. 
Here's a picture of the new hair:




Well that's an update on the past 2 days of my life. More to come later...

2 comments:

  1. The small, simple things are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlee, you look beautiful!!! I love the new "do"! You and Corey are so cute together, and I'm so happy for the both of you.

    As old married folks like Scott and I, I will tell you that its not all sunshine and roses, but even during the most raging storm, a strong marriage built through Christ can withstand the voracious winds and hail to arise and see God's beautiful rainbow on the other side.

    Enjoy the little moments, you'll be telling your children those one day.

    ReplyDelete