Wednesday, April 13, 2011

God is in control.

So I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I have really enjoyed reading my friends' blogs lately. It's a great way to keep up with their lives since we are getting older and phone dates are harder to come by. Life is busy. We all have very different schedules. Yet I still desire to hear the details of their everyday lives.

I also thought it would be cool to start blogging because Corey and I are about to start a new adventure in our lives. Like I said earlier, it's hard to find time to talk to everyone that I'd like to talk to. So this will be an easy way we can share things with family and friends.

It's hard to know where to even begin, but I guess I'll start with where God is leading us. Corey and I just got our acceptance letters to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary a few weeks ago and are pumped to be attending in the fall!  We have felt God calling us to seminary for a few years now and it is awesome to see His plans unfold. I say His plans because a lot of times our plans look different than His plans. I constantly have to pray that God will change my desires to match His desires for my life. I was actually just struggling with this today. Corey walks in the graduation ceremony at UNCW in May but still has one summer class left in order to complete his degree. All year this class has been scheduled for summer session one which means he would be done by the end of June. This would give us all of July to finish up work,  move, find new jobs, maybe take a little trip for our anniversary, etc. Today Corey registered for his summer class. The class moved. It is now scheduled for summer session two. Summer session two starts in late June and doesn't get done until the end of July. When Corey texted me today and told me that his class got moved, my thoughts were running all over the place. Selfishly I was frustrated because I wanted all of July to be an easy and smooth transition as we move jobs, homes, churches, schools...yet immediately the Spirit began to take over and guide my thoughts. God is in control. His plans are perfect. His plans are best. He knew this would happen from the day He created me. He always provides. I need to put my complete trust in Him. I still don't know how this summer will look, and it may be a little crazy at the end of July but I know God has a plan and I'm choosing to trust that today. My flesh tries to take me to thoughts of what if, what if, what if. But I know that God has always provided and will continue to provide. I can definitely testify to ways He has provided in my life and in our life together since we have been married but I'll save that for another post.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you. Therefore don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34

2 comments:

  1. Glad you've started blogging! I'll pray for you during this time of waiting and transition. It will be exciting to see the Lord working in you both through all of this. (Kim Shelley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your blog! You sound alot like me in that you are a habitual planner. I struggle constantly to let go and let God control things. I find that when I finally do things go much easier/smoother, but its just that I am usually so stubborn/selfish it takes me a while to get there. Have a great end of the week!
    wes

    ReplyDelete